Everyone once in a while I get a craving for a sweet, it’s so much better when you can make your own sweets!
Hubs has ALWAYS loved cinnamon rolls, the refrigerated canned dough variety. I just knew they could be better from my own kitchen. Of course, I can only bake while E rides along with me! Check out this fast, easy, no yeast cinnamon roll recipe, compliments of Food.com!
- 2 C Flr.
- 2 TBS Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp salt (omitted by me because I use salted butter)
- 3 TBS butter
- 3/4 C Milk
- 4 TBS Butter
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
*Glaze (I used two times before but it’s never as satisfying as the frosting on bakery rolls)
- 1/2 C Powdered sugar
- 1/4 C Milk
*Instead, I use this frosting recipe from a friend!
- 1/4 C Crisco (I know, I know, I cringed too)
- 2ish C Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 to 1 C milk
- Dash or more of Vanilla
It’s easy to mix up in a blender! Just play with the quantities until you get the flavor and consistency you want!
- For Filling, in a small bowl combine softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to form a crumbly mixture
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the mix over bottom of 9×9 pan (don’t worry if you don’t have that size pan, I used a 13×9)
- For dough, in a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in softened butter (your hands are really the best tools)
- Stir in milk to form a soft dough
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 1/4 in. thick
- Spread the remaining filling on the rolled out dough
- Roll up the rectangle, with a sharp knife slice into 18 small rolls, 12 if you want bigger rolls (c’mon, who doesn’t want a HUGE cinnamon roll??)
- Bake 20-25 min. at 400 degrees (we baked ours for way less time. Keep an eye on your rolls, you do not want hard brown rolls, you want soft fluffy rolls!!!)
- While rolls are still warm, spoon your frosting or glaze over the rolls! Serve warm!
Enjoy ya’ll! Happy Weekend!!! 🙂