To kick off the weekend, I went to a ladies’ retreat with a friend. We had a blast! The topic was on “Loving Well” and before we got into the nitty gritty, they had a silly ice breaker for us!
Each group had 5 minutes to put a fashion show-worthy paper towel dress on their designated model. We had fun with the colorful duct tape and little sticker stars. We totally should have won, but alas…
After the game we had worship, then started the Beth Moore dvd devo on “Loving Well.” It was quite the eye opener for myself. I love how she said “The mark of maturity for a Christian is how well you love.” She gave a list of 4 types of people we are called to love:
1. Those who are a joy to love (they making loving easy)
2. Those who are testy (You love them but they sure try your patients and make it hard)
3. Foes (people we might almost hate)
4. People who are far (strangers, people we haven’t even met)
Loving can be tough, but she also gave a list of 4 keys to help love better:
1. God is perfect love – 1 John 4:18
2. Nothing can separate me from God’s perfect love – Romans 8:38-39
3. God pours His perfect love into my imperfect heart – Romans 5:5
4. Accessed (or when we remember and apply steps 1-3), I can love anyone through anything – Philippians 4:13
Hope this will encourage you as much as it did me! Sometimes to grow we need to be brought low, and I tell you, this class really humbled me.
Hubby worked an extra 8 hr shift, which is better than the 12 I thought he would have to work. I had just gotten out of the shower when he came home, and he had this sweet look on his face and said “get dressed, we’re going a couple places and we’re going to have fun!”
I honestly have no idea how TheBump comes up with these comparisons, to me a pomegranate seems smaller than a banana… but I suppose a pomegranate is heavier than a banana.
Here is what baby boy was up to at 21 weeks: 10.5 inches, 12.7 ounces – Digestive system getting ready to be in the real world. He is developing meconium… the tarry black substance which will make his first diaper (oh. yay.) Movements continue to pick up! This dress doesn’t show as much, but he is definitely showing up more. I’m just waiting form my belly button to make like the built-in chicken timer and pop out!
This has been the update!